food in the belly
food in the belly
Great raw sound I've come to expect from Xavier. But the phenomenal guitar solo at end of song leaves me wanting the song to continue for quite some time. So I just listen to it again and again.
This song was recommend on a jack Johnson video, didn't think I'd like it but I love it!!
kinda sounds like dave
One of my all time favourites! "So go now be happy and be free you, you have so much time"
How long does the process
How long does the process of digestion last? Do you find yourself still hungry no matter how much you eat? If so, you might be eating foods that are too high on the glycemic index. It’s definitely something worth knowing if you’re struggling with excess weight.
The glycemic index is a system of values given to foods according to how quickly they cause an increase in blood glucose levels. To put that in layman’s terms, it basically measures how fast different foods are digested by the body. Glucose is a simple sugar that gives your body energy, and you get it from the foods you eat.
Your blood is what carries this sugar throughout your body to all your hungry cells and tissues. That’s why it’s called blood glucose. If you eat something that’s high on the index, your blood glucose will spike, giving you a fast boost of energy.
What glycemic index is 0:58
Foods that digest slowly 3:30
Foods that digest moderately 4:08
Foods that digest quickly 4:34
Foods that don’t have a glycemic index value 5:27
What about pizza? 6:09
Are all low-glycemic foods healthy? 6:43
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
- The glycemic index is a system of values given to foods according to how quickly they cause an increase in blood glucose levels. To put that in layman’s terms, it basically measures how fast different foods are digested by the body.
- If you eat something that’s high on the index, your blood glucose will spike, giving you a fast boost of energy.
- Foods and drinks are actually split into three groups: low, medium, and high. Low items rate from 1 to 55, medium is from 56 to 69, and high items are from 70 and above.
- According to the experts at Bodytomy, some low-glycemic foods, like cooked vegetables or a salad, can remain in your stomach anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
- There are also foods that really don’t really have a glycemic index value since they don’t contain any carbs. But they can still take a while to be digested by your stomach. It can take you anywhere from 2 to 5 hours for your stomach to digest meats, like chicken, lamb, and pork.
- If you’re having pizza that’s just dough, cheese, and sauce, that might rate high on the glycemic index, mostly because of that dough. But believe it or not, adding toppings actually makes your slice healthier!
- You might encounter foods that will be low on the index, but if they’re processed, they most likely still contain tons of saturated fats, sugar, and empty calories.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit:
For my digestion, milk and cereal digest fast and potatoes digest slow. It's like the opposite so this lets me know that you have to read your own digestion. Good video
I ate French fries and chicken nuggets
Haha they are saying apple juice and orange juice is Low on the glycemic index?! ?
"Have you ever had a gut
"Have you ever had a gut feeling or butterflies in your stomach? Has hunger ever changed your mood? Our bellies and brains are physically and biochemically connected in a number of ways, meaning the state of our intestines can alter the way our brains work and behave, giving a whole new meaning to 'Food for thought'.
As a nutritionist, microbiologist and neuroscientist, Ruairi Robertson is passionate about the link between our bellies and brains. His research is examining how our intestines and the microbes within them can influence both physical and mental health, and most importantly how our diets influence this relationship. Ruairi has travelled the world researching food, and believes it is the key to global public health. Ruairi is a PhD student in University College Cork in Ireland and current Fulbright Scholar (2015/16) to Harvard University.
This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at http://ted.com/tedx
Funny how we as naturopathic doctors have been talking about this for decades, we got it from traditional chinese medicine as well. So funny how now it becomes mainstream but I’m glad there is actual research to prove these points.
Excellent talk, but has one nonsense phrase “designed by evolution”. Design requires intelligence. All designs without exception have intelligent designers. Period.
Foot control your brain
The internal psychiatrist endogenously fax because hen unquestionably own before a near olive. nutritious, disgusted hydrant
here's a few suggestions for stopping drinking at home
Try eating food when you are drinking - this cuts down the amount you drink.
Take a break from alcohol.
Make a note of how much you drink, then you know if you are cutting down.
Set yourself goals - don't make them too hard at first.
Pick one or two days or each week when you will not drink at all. Next, try to stop drinking for one week each month.
(I read these and the reasons they work on Adoette Drink Plan site )